Sunday, July 13, 2008

hot pocket... turning points

So the topic for today is: TURNING POINTS!!

Hello!!! How are you??? How is every little thang??

were back,

But first.........

A TRUTH: I might suck at this blogging thing. Ok, I said truth, so let's rephrase. I definitely suck at this blogging thing. I think blogs are usually done much more often than this. I actually forgot my password and stuff this time. it's been that long. my blog is more along the lines of the occasional newsletter, or maybe it's like one of those Christmas letters that catch you up on the yearly goings on, but with less lying.

ANOTHER TRUTH: My new favorite thing. well, there are so many really, but I do LOVE this Youtube video about Christian the Lion. OMG its a tearjerker and sweeter than honey. I have watched it at least 7 times. today. The music is a lot cheesy, but it's pure love. two guys and their once pet, now wild, lion. It's kinda "Born Free" with 2 guys who make me think of the Bee Gees. And while I am typing, why do they call themselves the Bee Gees anyway??? weird. I have my own lion at home, only he is a golden retriever. He truly spreads the love in that "I have missed you so, so much since I last saw you 4 hours ago" way. The feeling is mutual. Watch the video.

ONE MORE TRUTH: I only watched it 3 times today, and 4 yesterday which equals 7. damn truth.


Really, there is so much to share since last time. Really nice, healthy, good things are happening. but lets start here. My artwork is changing! Wow. I think this is a good thing. yes, clearly, it's a good healthy thing. It has been shifting for a while now, as all good art should, and it's interesting to see what is coming out. HOw funny it is that we really don't have such a grand plan as we might think, and when I say we I mean me. I could not have told you what I was doing with all these paintings, and I surely didn't see an overall theme at first, but they all seem to be about a small moment in time. Now it occurs to me that most of the new paintings deal with that space before an epiphany. not the actual epiphany, but the harbinger of. Some little insight in life that leads you towards a new knowing. I love epiphanies, and even had a wall in the studio called "epiphany central" with jotted blue index cards serving up my new ah ha's. Hey, do I get any sort of prize for being the person who used the word EPIPHANY more in a paragraph than anyone ever? Okay, so, lets get to you. I am wondering what is going on out there. Have you been experiencing some major shifts?? minor tugs? teeny glimpses of newness??? I always think it's fascinating when you start chatting, how similar things are going on with each of us. I also have this new fondness for horizons. loving that line. it feels very hopeful and open like the beach. like a good friendship.

Well, I am off to a show, Ann Arbor, in the morning. I have no idea how the new paintings will fly, but it's not the point. I am following them to where they take me. They are new, they are teaching me things and they will evolve. That's the game. It's a great game, yes?

Truth number 4: I hope you are are well and engaged in things that bring you pleasure and growth.

Truth #5: last truth sounded sappy, but I mean it.

Truth six: every cool line in this blog is most likely lifted from my brilliant friend jamie morris the writer.

Truth lucky #7: she made me say that.

later taters!!!
xoxo
lynnie
p.s. thanks fred for sending the youtube of Christian the Lion

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B = Brothers
G = Gibb.
Bee+Gee(s) = The Brothers Gibb....with an "s"

Somedays I actually have an answer....some days I just fake it! :<)